Wednesday, March 11, 2009

clowning around


I've had a fun project to work on the last little while. Our neighbor called and asked if I would make a clown for the beanbag-toss at a carnival this Friday. I groaned at first, knowing how much time it would take, and thinking a high school art student would love to do something like this. But I changed my attitude, and had so much fun working on it. I'm actually sad to see it go. It made me think I should do more fun stuff like this on my own, without someone else initiating the project. Then I would get to keep it in the end. Noah told me that if I practised a lot maybe I could get a job doing art. Hmmmm... My boys thought it looked like a fun photo-op and are seen here as the juggling balls and an adorable flower. As a plug for the carnival, it's this Friday night at 6pm at Weber High. All proceeds go to fund the Boys and Girls Clubs in Weber and Davis Counties. Tickets are $5 per person or $25 for a family up to seven. There will be inflatables for the kids, a talent show, a stomp for the older kids, food(not included in the entry price), and of course high quality games, like the beanbag- toss and a fishing pond. Our kids really want to go, although their parents are fuddy-duddies who would rather not, so we'll most likely end up there on Friday.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

That is so cute! I've been telling you for years how talented you are. I would pay for your art anytime!

John and Diana said...

You have such an amazing talent! You know you would get top dollar for your skills! I loved the clowns! If only I could draw and paint like you do!....

Paige and Jason said...

That turned out really darling!
Ok so WHEN are we going to get together and meet halfway for dinner up in SLC?

Jenny said...

That looks like a fun project. You did such a great job.

Steve said...

Did they have to stand there while you practiced with the bean bags?