
15 years ago today I married the most wonderful man in the world. The girl who thought she'd wait till around 24 or 25 to get married was getting married at 19. What would you do if you met the right guy, just sooner than you planned. . .wait around and hope he didn't go somewhere else? Or start a life together? When he asked, I chose the latter.
Mark loves to be outside doing anything--working in the yard, riding bikes, hiking, boating, picking raspberries, snowboarding, snowmobiling, taking walks, playing tennis with the kids, playing disc, going to the drive-in, or camping. He has a sense of adventure, and an understanding that life is short. You had better take advantage of the time you have--that means he fills his day with work and play. There's no time to waste. He is understanding of our messy house, if it means we get to enjoy some of the better things in life besides dishes.
We have had so many wonderful adventures together in 15 years. We've climbed mountains, biked mountain trails and camped in some of God's most beautiful country. We've rafted the Snake River and seen the palaces and pueblos of Spain. We've cruised the Carribean and Alaska, we've biked Slickrock together, and skinny-dipped in Lake Powell. We've finished our educations together, started careers and supported each other in church callings. We welcomed our first son, Noah, 8 weeks early and learned how to lean on each other when times are tough. We learned about the meaning of sacrafice with the birth of our first son, and had it reinforced each time we were blessed with another son. We continue to learn that lesson, and also learn of the amazing blessings that come along with each child. We welcomed Benjamin, and marveled at how easy and smooth a normal birth can be. And then learned that smooth beginings don't mean everything else will be smooth. We've made new loving friends, and nurtured lasting relationships with old friends. We've navigated new jobs, a relocation and building another home. We've learned about landscaping, pest control, canning, first aid, and what is involved in being a parent to a grade schooler. We added another son, Timothy, and learned how to manage three kids when there are only two of us. We've laughed, cried, and celebrated life fully. We've been through high moments in our marriage and low points, too. But my husband of 15 years is always there, committed to make things better--to make us better.
So to my loving husband, who makes life wonderful, I say I love you. Happy Annivesary! I'm glad your pros and cons list had more pluses than minuses 15 years ago. I hope if you look back in review, like me, you will see more in that column now, too.
2 comments:
You guys have had a lot of fun together! Sounds like Ken and I need to have some more adventures together! Happy Anniversary....Ken is just shaking his head and saying, "15 years....how can that be?" He also is a bit shocked to hear you skinny dipped in Lake Powell....you should have seen his face! So funny! We love you guys!
When I read the Powell part I laughed pretty hard. I can't believe its been 15 years. I love that 15 years ago our family gained my favorite Brother in Law and in the years following the 3 most amazing Nephews I could have imagined. I'm so glad you are my big sister and I love you! Happy Belated Anniversary (On your blog anyway)
Post a Comment